Monday, August 27, 2018

The Technology of an Online Class

As I have previously mentioned, I have taken online classes before in various contexts: through D2L, Canvas, and Janux (that last one was a real mess...). But this will be my first time mainly using a blog to keep up with class assignments. There are several blogs I follow for my own entertainment that use Blogger, but this will be my first time actually producing one. In today's online world, social media is more the preferred way to communicate and share things with others, especially platforms like Instagram. The original blog (something that was typed out) has rather fallen by the wayside.

I also do have some familiarity with some of the other online tools mentioned, especially Google Doc, which is my preferred way to work on group projects (if I'm forced to work in a group for a project. I'm not a fan of them in general). 

Overall I like that this class has a more relaxed atmosphere than previous online classes, especially since there is a grace period to still get assignments turned in. I'll try not to fall into that period too much (today notwithstanding), but it's always nice to have that cushion of time if needed.

To wrap up this post, I'll leave an image about everyone's favorite show about technology and the future: Futurama.

Me to myself when doing homework (source: Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment